Friday 1 October 2010

Weekend plans: A short trip to Scandinavia

Another exciting week in our Wolf & Badger world is over and we are looking forward to a nice weekend!

Traditionally our Friday lunchbreak conversations evolve around the question "Who is doing what this weekend?" and we thought that it would be fun share our ideas with you!

The advent of autumn always reminds me of Finland; it must be the chilly air and the memories of layering clothes to stay warm. When I heard that this weekend is the last weekend of HEL YES!, it immediately got a spot in my priority list.




HEL YES! is a temporary restaurant and exhibition imagined and realised by a creative team of Finnish designers and food visionaries and part of the London Design Festival. HEL YES! is open until 3rd October. More information can be found here.

Another interesting perspective on Finland is offered by one of the pioneers of streetstyle blogs, Hel Looks.

If you are interested in streetstyles, you should follow Cellina's suggestion for the weekend and check out the Streetstyle exhibition at The Book Club.



The Streetstyle exhibition features images from the book as well as showcases a series of talks and discussions with Ted and guests about the past, present and future of Street Style and subcultural fashion.

The current streetstyle in London is certainly dominated by layers of warm clothes and knitwear. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous when I look at the collection of Sue Hill.
I am talking about beautiful hand knits made from the softest yarn (80% extra fine merino, 20% cashmere). Too bad for me that the clothes are only available for up to 8 years old. If I would have a kid, I would make sure to visit our boutique tomorrow (2nd Oct), as Sue Hill will be holding a trunk show from 12 - 6pm.

Sue Hill is well known for unique and classic hand knitted baby clothes as well as hand knitted classic coats, dresses and sweaters for boys and girls up to 8yrs. She will show more items from her collection and be available for a chat during her trunk show.

Maybe I should ask her if I can get one of this beautiful hooded jackets in my size?!



If I manage to get wrapped up warm enough (and it stops raining) another option for the weekend is a trip to Kensington Gardens, which currently hosts the exhibition of Anish Kapoor's outdoor scultpures "Turning The World Upside Down".

However, since the exhibition will be open until march, my alternative to walking through the rain is to continue my short trip to Scandinavia and to have a relaxed afternoon in. A nice cup of tea, a good book and the Swedish band "Little Dragon" on repeat always makes a perfect Sunday afternoon treat...



We wish you all a beautiful weekend and would love to hear what you are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment